Dear church, as a response to the global pandemic, here's some important information for us:
What are we doing:
- Partnering with NHS Grampian and Aberdeen City Council and Northfield Community Foodbank to respond to the growing needs in our city.
- Working from home (all staff are either remote working or on furlough).
- Caring for church members, and local elderly people, on a daily basis. This includes phone calls, video calls and visits.
- Gathering online on Sundays and Wednesdays as a whole community. We have a new men’s group online (Thursday nights), and a new bible study group too (Monday nights and Wednesday mornings).
- Gathering in person, in line with government advice for phase 3. This includes youth BBQs, prayer walks, team meetings, hillwalks, golf and so on.
What are we not doing:
- Gathering in person for Sunday services – our building is closed to everyone during phase 3.
- Worrying – we have peace about today, and hope for tomorrow. Church is not closed, it’s more open than ever before!
What you should do:
- Stay safe, in line with latest government advice.
- Gather with other belivers regularly, to support and encourage each other.
- Tell us if you have practical or pastoral needs (via Phil and Margaret Burnett).
- Love your neighbours in new and creative ways.
- Pray for your church, community and nation.